JUST THREE EASY STEPS TO INSTALL.
There are just three easy steps to install a fence post using FenceFins.
Before you start make sure you have:
- Fence posts that are at least 60cm (2 feet) longer than the height of your fence
- The right nails – you’ll need 24 per post (we recommend 3.75 x 30mm square twist nails)
- Safety goggles and gloves – as for any fence installation
Step 1. Nail the FenceFins to the post
- At least 2 ft (60 cms) of post should go in the ground. To determine ground level:
- Either measure up 2ft from the bottom of the post and mark a line
- Or, if your post is more than 2ft longer than the height of your fence, measure down from the top to determine how much post you need above ground and mark your line there.
- Then overlap one pair of FenceFins to the post and nail them on. They should sit about an inch below your marked line.
Step 2. Place into a small hole
- Dig a small, narrow hole where your fence post will be.
- Put stones or rubble in the bottom to seat the post and help with drainage.
- At the top of the hole widen it out to accommodate the FenceFins.
- Position the post, with the FenceFins, into the hole.
- Remember the FenceFins go parallel with the fence line (see illustration). The top edge of the FenceFins sits just below ground level.
Step 3. Compact the soil back
- Start filling the hole in with soil.
- Compact the soil as you replace
it by tamping it down really well. You can use a broom handle or similar, or use the hammer to compact it all down firmly. All the soil should go back in (it will, honest!).
- As you go along check the post with the spirit level and adjust it if you need to. This ensures the fence post stays perfectly straight.